- The college achieves academic excellence with equal emphasis laid on Co-curricular activities. The potential talents of the students are well harnessed by the different clubs under the able guidance of the faculty.
- The functioning of students council, an union of students representatives elected democratically form a vital platform for students to stage their talents which in turn provide a gateway to various ample opportunities for the students to stage their talents which in turn provide a gateway to various intercollegiate competitions.
- Talents Day, Cultural Day and Annual Day are celebrated to identify and encourage the manifold talent among the students. Literary competitions like debates and essay-writing are also held.
- Workshops on Music, Dance, Drama, Painting etc. are organized in the college during October vacation under the direction and guidance of experts in the respective fields.
- Programmes by the students are held through MES Kalavedi stage.
- The Seminars and lectures by eminent scholars organized in the college widen the exposure of our students beyond the walls of the classrooms. A MES Science Centre provides due assistance in this regard.
- The students of our College are provided with the benefits of Indoor Games like Table Tennis, Carom, Chess and Badminton. Annual Sports Meet is also held every year.
- National festivals are celebrated with the hoisting of National flag and patriotic programmes which help our students to cherish and follow the noble ideals that inspired our national struggle for freedom.
- MES has a NCC Unit and the students of MES Institutions can join NCC. NCC classes are held on Sundays without disturbing the academic activities.
- Spurana Annual number of the college documents the vibrant activities of the college. It provides an opportunity for the students to project the image of the college and give an expression to t heir literary talent.
- This Committee consists of four Sr. Lecturers / HODs.
- It is responsible for the conduct of tests and examinations, issuing progress reports, preparing & printing of question papers, preserving the valued answer scripts.
- This committee consists of four lecturers and class representatives.
- It is responsible for the maintenance of discipline inside the class room and in the campus.
Cleanliness & Health Committee
- This committee consists of two lecturers and eight class representatives.
- It is responsible for the maintenance of the cleanliness in the college.
- There are various clubs like Science club, Commerce club, Music club, Dance club, Drama club, Sports club, Eco club, Literary club, Magazine club etc.,
- Each club has two representatives (one boy & one girl) from each section.
- Secretary of the club will be selected from among them.
- Every club has a lecturer incharge. They plan the activities for the year and carry out them.
- Students council consists of one President & one Secretary (Both from II PU) and one Vice-President & Joint
- Secretary (Both from I PU).
- Students council is responsible for the conduct of all the activities.