A small group of enlightened citizens of Malleswaram felt the need to have a college..
A group of enlightened citizens of Malleshwaram felt the need to open a college in Malleshwaram, particularly to provide facilities to girl students, who had to go as far as Maharanis College for higher learning. The founders Sri. G. A. Acharya, Prof.B.R. Subba Rao, Sri. M.Chinnaswamy, Prof. M. P. L. Sastry and Smt Vimala Rangachar responded to this need by starting an intermediate college in 15th Cross, Malleshwaram in 1956-57 with a student strength of 68. The Mysore Education Society (MES) was registered in 1958. In its infant stages the MES was housed in a small dwelling, Anandashram, which recalled the ancient Guru Kula with a good rapport between the small number of students and their teachers. From this humble beginning the college has grown gradually into a full-fledged educational institution. Building a strong academic culture has always been a core value for MES. Its aim has always been to provide value based education at affordable cost and to strive for the cultural development of the students. The college celebrated its Silver Jubilee in 1982 and Golden Jubilee in 2006. Today, MES manages two schools, four PU colleges, three degree colleges and two PG & Research Centres. Any one who passes through the portals of MES institutions can attest to the fact that the philosophy of learning embodied in its institutions is based as much on care, compassion and concern as it is on quality education. Consequently character, confidence, and credibility evolve. As a premier organization in Karnataka, MES caters to the educational needs of 10000 students annually at various levels of learning. The MES Group of institutions takes great pride in having helped realize the aspirations of several generations of students. Students from MES have excelled in their respective professional domains and now occupy prominent positions in society.