Over six decades of Yeomen Educational Service to nearly 85,000 students and over 3000 staff
A small group of enlightened citizens of Malleswaram felt the need to have a college in the neighbourhood to cater to girl students in particular, who had otherwise to go as far as Maharani’s College for higher learning. Prof. B. R. Subba Rao, Sri G. A. Acharya and Sri M. Chinnaswamy got together initially and started an intermediate college in 1956-57 offering the arts and commerce streams with a student strength of 68. The Mysore Education Society (MES) was registered in 1958 after other like-minded persons such as Prof. M. P. L. Sastry and Smt. Vimala Rangachar joined. MES took over the intermediate college and expanded its activities. In 1962, courses in Science started.
Over the next six decades and counting, MES and MES College, as its flagship institution, have come to acquire a special place in the minds and hearts of tens of thousands of students, their families and the community at large. This is because of the strong belief of the founders that education is inspired as well driven by values which has been sustained to this day. Despite having grown from a single college to ten institutions spread across four campuses with nearly 10,000 students, the teachers at MES continue to bestow the same personal care and attention on their students and the management ensures that the students imbibe a strong sense of values.
MES College has been steadfast in its ideal of providing affordable, value-based education and provide opportunities for the cultural development of students. The college celebrated its Diamond Jubilee in 2017. The main college was bifurcated according to the Karnataka Government order DCE|ROB|134|134|internal|2001-02 dated 7.8.2001 into MES Degree College of Arts, Commerce and Science and MES Pre-University College of Arts, Commerce and Science. The two colleges have been working in the same campus.